If you have an existing list of people you want to quickly enter into Cut Time, you can import a spreadsheet.
Prepare your spreadsheet with the following information in this column order:
Column 1: First Name
Column 2: Last Name
Column 3: Email Address
Column 4: Birth Date
Column 5 (optional): Position
The first four columns are required to successfully complete your upload. Review your spreadsheet – if necessary, add dummy data into any empty fields Make sure that your spreadsheet is saved as a .csv (comma separated value) file.
How to import people:
- Click on the People menu.
- Click the Import People button.
- Select the Ensemble/Group for the entire spreadsheet.
NOTE: If you skip this step, you will have to manually select an Ensemble/Group for each person on the list.
- Click the Next button.
- Click to Browse your computer to locate and choose the correct file to upload.
- Double-Click to select your file.
- Click the Upload File and Continue button.
- Click the Proceed With Import button after the spreadsheet is loaded.
- Click the Return to Directory button.
Cut Time will not create duplicate records for your people. If a person is already a Cut Time member, it will simply add a new participation record for the ensemble or group you indicated.