Add your stuff – instruments, props, vehicles and more. If you need to track an item, including loaned items and items under repair, you can manage it in Cut Time.
- Click the Inventory menu.
- Select Instruments/Other.
- Click the Add Item button.
- Select the Category from the drop-down list. If you don't see the type listed, you can add it.
- Select the Section. If you don't see the type listed, you can add it.
- Select the Manufacturer from the drop-down list. If you don't see the manufacturer listed, you can add it. (See How)
- Select the Location from the drop-down list. If you don't see the location listed, you can add it. (See How)
- Enter the the Model.
- Enter the Model Number.
- Enter the Existing Barcode if the item already has an assigned barcode. See below for additional information on barcoding.
- Enter additional information in the Description field.
- Enter the Purchase Price or value of the item.
- Enter the Quantity in the field.
If you add a quantity greater than 1, Cut Time will create duplicate records of the same item.
You can use this feature to quickly create multiple items that share similar details – then update each separate item with its specific details.
- Click the Save button.
NOTE: Once the item is added to inventory, you can add the serial number, ownership information and the service status. Use the Update button to access this information.
Add New Items with Existing Barcodes
Cut Time automatically generates a permanent System barcode for each item in your inventory. This field cannot be edited. You can also link an Existing barcode to an item – Cut Time will recognize either barcode to identify a unique item. The Existing barcode field is editable and may be added or updated at any time.
Make sure that your cursor is in the Existing barcode field before you use a scanner to scan the barcode. Or, if you are manually entering the barcode, type the barcode’s number in the Existing barcode field.