Send emails to make sure the message gets through. And, Cut Time doesn’t charge you for sending messages!
- Select the Communications drop-down menu and select Send Email/Text.
- The radio button for Send message via defaults to Email.
- Select the recipients you want to send to. All emails must include a minimum of 2 recipients.
Build the list of recipients:
Cut Time allows you to build a recipients list by selecting Ensemble/Group, Sections, or Positions and/or assigned roles within your database.
If you work with Select Group options, Cut Time will compile a combined list of all members in each option you select from the drop-downs.
To (Select Group)
Ensemble/Group - This drop-down lists all the Ensembles/Groups defined in your Cut Time database. Use this to email all members of a specific Ensemble/Group.
Sections - Use this to email all members of a particular Section across all Ensembles/Groups.
Positions - Use this to email all members of a particular Position across all Ensembles/Groups.
Note: You will likely use these selections independently, not in combination. The results are cumulative; the Sections and Positions selections do not filter the results to particular Sections and Positions within the selected Ensemble/Group.
Student Leaders - Use this to filter the list to include only the Student Leaders within the selected Ensemble/Group, Sections, or Positions.
And/Or Send to All [Year]
You can also send email to all members assigned to specific roles in your database – Parents/Guardians, Staff/Faculty, Cut Time Administrators, Students, Volunteers and Donors. You can add these roles to the recipients chosen with the Select Group drop-downs above, or you can send to these roles by themselves without selecting any Ensemble/Group, Sections, or Positions.
Example. Select Ensemble/Group = Concert Band and All Staff/Faculty
Create and send the email:
- Manually enter addresses in the cc field if you want to add people outside of the selected criteria.
- Enter the subject in the Subject field. The subject is a required field. The email will not send if this field is left blank.
- Enter the Message in the body of the email. The email will not send if this field is left blank.
- Click the Preview Message button to view the message.
- Use the Edit Message button if you need to make any changes prior to sending.
- Click on the "Your Message will be sent to [#] people based on your "To" selections listed below." to view the recipient list.
- Click the Send Message button to send the email.
A copy of the email will appear in your Message Archive list once it is sent.