If you want your members to be able to pay their obligations through PayPal, you must first create a URL link in your PayPal account and then add the link to Cut Time.
PayPal setup to create the link used in Cut Time:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Go to your Profile and click on Profile & Settings.
- Locate the grey box on the next screen.
Click on the My Selling Tools option.
- The first option under Selling Online should be PayPal Buttons.
Click on the Update link at the end of the PayPal Buttons line.
- Locate the Related Items box at the far right of the screen.
Click on the Create New Button link.
Select Buy Now from Choose a Button Type.
The Item Name field appears with your account name on the PayPal screen whenever a user activates your payment link in Cut Time. It should be a general description that covers any payments made by or for your members.
Example: Payments for [YOUR NAME] Program
- Item ID is optional. This option is helpful if you have multiple buttons
Leave the Price field blank. This will allow users to enter the amount of each payment.
- Leave the options blank in the Customize Button box. You will not get a URL link at the end of this process if you select any custom options.
- Leave the Shipping and Tax boxes blank.
- Select the radio button Use My Secure Merchant Account ID. This will allow your business information to show on the receipt and not display the email address attached to your account.
- Skip Step 2 tab and go directly to Step 3: Customize advanced features (optional).
- Answer the three questions based on your personal preferences.
- Skip Advanced Features.
Click Create Button.
- Scroll down to the Website/Email box on the next screen.
Click on the Email tab on the next screen and copy the code. This is the information that will be required in Cut Time.
Add the link in Cut Time:
- Log in to Cut Time.
- Go to the Tools menu.
- Click on your [Organization Name] Information link under Setup and Configuration.
Scroll down to the Payment URL field at the bottom of the form.
- Paste the PayPal link into Cut Time.
- Click the Save button.
NOTE: Log out and log back in to complete this update process.