WHAT INFORMATION IS REQUIRED FOR MY UPLOAD?
The following fields are required within the Cut Time People Template (column letters are listed in parentheses):
- First Name (C)
- Last Name (E)
- Date of Birth (D)
- Ensemble/Group (AC)
- Position (AD)
- Student ID (B) if there are any Parent Flags (A) listed
- "Y" in the Parent Flag (A)
- Matching Student ID (B) to their student *detailed explanation in "How do I connect my students and parents/guardians"
Email address (O) is highly recommended for everyone but not mandatory
If other columns are not needed please leave blank. DO NOT delete any fields!
HOW DO I CONNECT MY STUDENTS AND PARENTS?
1. Each member is listed as a unique entry
2. Relationships are linked by:
- The Student ID field (B) of the parents/guardians is the same as their student(s)
- If a parent/guardian needs to be linked to more than one student:
- List out all related Student IDs in the Parent_Flag field (A) separated ONLY by a semi-colon
- Do not insert any spaces between the numbers or semi-colon
- Parent/guardians must be designated by entering a “Y” in Parent_Flag field (A)
- The Parent_Flag field (A) should remain blank for students
Ensemble/Group & Positions:
Ensemble/Group (AC), Position (AD), Additional Group (AE), and Additional Position (AF) when imported create a "Participation Record"
"Participation Record" = Group/Ensemble a member is in and the voice part/instrument that member plays within that group/ensemble (Roster)
- Must have at least one Ensemble/Group(AC) and Position(AD) listed
- If Position(AD) is unknown you may list "Unassigned" and change later within Rosters once known
- No participation records and positions should be listed
- If you have parents/guardians who have specific positions within your organization such as Boosters you can list these here and that group will be created
- Spelling: If you spell something two different ways the import will create it twice, spelled both ways
- Order: stay consistent with naming procedures
WHAT IF MY STUDENTS DON'T HAVE EMAIL?
- Imports maybe done without email addresses
- Email addresses are highly recommended
- Send registration invitations
- Used for login information
- Use Communication Module
- Send notifications
WHAT IF I DIDN'T UPLOAD EMAIL ADDRESSES?
To give access to your members accounts who do not have email addresses go to:
- Cut Time
- Click on "Set Cut Time Password for Users"
1. You will see all users in your account who have not logged in yet
- There are preset User Names that you can use or you can set them
- The system will tell you if that user name already exists within Cut Time
- Once a user name is set it can not be changed!
2. Create a password for the member(s) that you are giving login information to
3. Click Save Passwords for selected people
- Members may change their own password at the bottom of their profiles under the "Password" tab once logged in
WHAT ARE "CUSTOM FIELDS"?
- 5 optional member and/or parent/guardian profile fields (X-AB)
- User-Created text fields of up-to 25 characters each
- Fields can be made to be read-only and editable only by admins or free form texts and allow members and/or parents/guardians to type in their own information
HOW DO I USE "CUSTOM FIELDS" ON THE CUT TIME PEOPLE TEMPLATE?
- Delete the header of the "Custom Field (X-AB) that you wish to use
- Relabel the column with your custom field (MAX 25 characters)
WHAT DO I DO IF I HAVE INACTIVE MEMBERS OR ALUMNI?
- At this time Cut Time does not have a way of importing inactive members
- If you have data for people no longer active in your group or for alumni that you would like in your account:
You plan on communicating with them:
- import them into a Group/Ensemble called “Alumni” or “Inactive Members” with a position of "Student"
You do not plan on communicating with them:
- we recommend leaving them off of your import file
WHAT IF I HAVE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION THAT ISN'T ON THE TEMPLATE?
- Additional columns may not be added
- Column headings may not be changed with the exception of Custom Fields
- Please contact our Cut Time Consultants at 1-800-310-0087 for help/ recommendations with advice if you can not figure out where to place something within the template
- If the template is altered it will be sent back to be fixed before it can be uploaded