How to Credit Back an Obligation:
NOTE: IF YOUR CUT TIME ACCOUNT IS LINKED TO A PAYMENT PROCESSOR, YOU WILL NEED TO CONTACT YOUR PAYMENT PROCESSOR DIRECTLY TO MAKE SURE THE CREDIT/DEBIT CARD USER IS REFUNDED IN ADDITION TO MANUALLY UPDATING THEIR CUT TIME PROFILE LEDGER!
If the member does not require a refund of payment you can use the "Mass Updaters - Credit Balances" to give members a credit and write a memo for that credit that leads back to the original obligation:
How to adjust a members profile ledger in the case of a refund:
- Click on the "Adjust" button within the Payment/Credit section
- Once within the adjustment screen you can make the payment $0.00 and add a note to the memo to record why this adjustment is being made
- There will then show a zero balance for payment with your memo and a full balance due for the payment
- Next you can either record a credit or give the member back a refund.
- If you are issuing a credit follow the next steps
- If member paid with check you can use the reference line to keep track of check number here.
- Once credit or payment is issued the obligation can be deleted. However, the Payment/Credit can be left for reference or also may be deleted.